Asset change Agent Link to default

Yes, I’m 99% convinced that the volumes are the problem. To find out your volumes names run docker volume ls and look for ones with …_deployment-data and …postgresql-data extension. Then remove them.

@michal ok, sounds good.
Erm, when I run docker volume ls
I get,

DRIVER VOLUME NAME
local 1db790e296c4bd515b8ae61791d98b5a43479564148b4a352d9f6d20627c0e7b
local baab7268df5208c1d179c0a148a01f5a4330959c645b01e474b50dc271b00cda
local c0407443837683e40cf7e8690327700c52b4e736bd22c5067f4a8760a19acda1

No mention about _deployment-data or postgresql-data. Presumably doesn’t look right. Am I correct? The next question is: How do I fix this please?

Thanks!

Indeed this is not good. It means that you don’t use volumes defined in docker-compose.yml. Which docker-compose.yml are you using? Anyway, try these commands:

docker-compose down
docker volume prune
docker-compose up -d

I understand, you are using the official deployment method which does not use named docker volumes, therefore your system becomes polluted with those random volumes. You can try an alternative deployment method with openremote-cli deploy which correctly creates volumes. See GitHub - openremote/openremote-cli: Command line tool for managing OpenRemote v3 stack.

I believe I am using the official deployment method, @michal. I’m not a SW developer so I don’t know a great deal about these things but perhaps enough to be dangerous. :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion. I may resort to that next as I currently can’t get the manager up at all.
Before jumping on that, I’ll move onto setting OR up on RPi and see how it goes.
Have a good w/e.

Hello @Pekka

Hello

In the end you were able to copy the example of connecting the openwheater api?

Greetings

Hi @alvaro.heras ,

Thanks for checking. At the end, my OR installation on the Ubuntu VM ended up in such a knot that I moved onto the RPi which had arrived. I thought it’s not worth starting to untangle the VM installation more than the first couple of suggestions from Michal.
So, I installed OR on RPi running Ubuntu and got it all up and running. I also got the data from OpenWeather coming in to OR - so all good now!

Thank you all for help and suggestions!

KR
Pekka