Could RULES help me do this ??

Hi,
I think rules can help but wanted to check…

1. Apply a different colour to a label’s value returned depending on the value within a custom sensor

Ie.If it is 0 display OFFLINE in red and if its a 1 display ONLINE in white

I have a camera view screen (see attached) and from the buttons on the left I want to be able to select/switch the camera feed to be display in the right box

Can RULES help accomplish these and any code snippets or help appreciated

Thanks

-F

camera view.PNG

Hi Frank

I'm not sure how to help with your second question, but the first one is easy :slight_smile: and it doesn't involve using the rules.

All I do is substitute labels for images, then link the image to a sensor.

Different images can be associated with different sensor states.

Good luck,

Stuart

thanks
any idea where and how to make this connection between the sensor state and the image
For a sensor I only see a place to add text or is the answer here one of those in-memory commands

-f

You can do this for a custom sensor type. Define custom states items for it, for each image one. Then, when you place this sensor on a screen you can link an image to each custom state.

custom sensor screen shot attached as well as the sensor on the screen
how do I construct the url for the image on screen

images are red.png and green.png and uploaded already

sensor on screen.PNG

sensor config.PNG

What designer are you using? In the designer.openremote.com I can click on the Sensor State field and then I get the pop-up window where I can select an image. On yours picture there is text input screen. Maybe you can put there just image name which you’ve uploaded to the designer?