Importing in to Designer from a working install

Hi,

the situation i have put myself in to is that have a working instance of OR 2.6B3 with a who bunch of sensors etc.

Unfortunately, I did not export the design from the online designer as a backup (zip file) and by mistake I uploaded a different project on the Online design account which wiped out the existing project.

Is there any way to import the design in to the online designer based on the working install of Openremote instance so i can build on it without having to recreate the whole thing in the Online designer?

Thanks

This is just a suggestion, as I'm sure you'll get an answer from the core team soon.

You could create a zip file from the webapps/controller folder only.

As long as it contains the modeller XML and all your image files it should be okay to import into the online designer.

I would suggest you zip up a sample from the online designer so that you can have a look at the files a valid zip should contain.

From what I know, there are no folders in the zip file, other than the rules.

Which are actually contained within the modeller XML.

Good luck.

Stuart

I tried mimicking an older back i had to see whats in the zip files when exported from the deisgner and then only include those types of files but i am getting the following

Avoid making further changes to your account and design to prevent any potential data corruption issues: No row with the given identifier exists: [org.openremote.modeler.domain.DeviceCommand#863574]; nested exception is org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [org.openremote.modeler.domain.DeviceCommand#863574])

Hi

any idea how i can solve this problem? i can upload my zip file here if it helps that I created from the working instance of OR to try and restore my design in the designer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I've never tried this approach

If you want to post your zip file on here, I'll have a look, but I'm really not the best person to help.

Good luck,

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your comments. I ended up just recreating the entire design in the designer. Took me a little bit but I have it all entered now.

I also tried zipping up the entire controller folder like you had suggested but that didn't work either.

It will be good to know if there is a way to import in to the designer from an existing install for future reference.

Basically if I export from the designer and unzip the file and look at the contents there seem to be only 4 xml files, images and rules folder.

So the reverse I assume should work too but it didn't for me so there is probably more to it.

I am hoping someone from the OR development team will provide some more insight.