iOS Console Version 2.2 issues

Version 2.2 of the iOS Console is now available in the AppStore.
This is a major rewrite of the console, and although it went through a beta testing phase, some issues have now been reported with the final version in the store.
We’re looking into the issues and will release an update to fix them. In the mean time, we advice not to update your existing console.

Issues that have been reported so far:

• sliders not working
  • screen only partially visible after initial load (it should display correctly on subsequent loads / after app restart)
  • incorrect handling of portrait vs landscape screens
  • incorrect navigation (going to wrong screen in group)
  • connection issues with HTTPS
  • connection issues with security enabled on the controller
  • issues with tab bar not displaying correctly and/or displayed in white

Hi Eric,

It seems that we are many users having issues with the new iOS console (v2.2). I do confirm like many, that the sliders are not working anymore.
Any idea on the rough timelines for fixing the issues? On my side I cannot revert to the previous version…

Thanks again for the hard work!
Kind regards,

Dominique

We have a first update that now fixes some of the more pressing issues reported so far:

• sliders not working
  • incorrect navigation (going to wrong screen in group)
  • connection issues with HTTPS
  • connection issues with security enabled on the controller
  • tab bar displayed in white instead of black

The
fastest way for people to get hold of that version (mainly for those that have already upgraded to 2.2 and can’t rollback) is to participate in the public beta. Please send me your e-mail address (eric at openremote dot org) and I’ll add you to the list.
The build should be available later today.
Once
a few people have reported the fixes work and no new blocking issue, we’ll release to Apple for publication on the AppStore.

Tab bar displayed in white looks great! It’s just my opinion :wink:

Same issues with sliders, I send a mail to subscribe to public beta,

Thanks for this great app!

Eric,

one more thing which I noticed when operating the new console: The control symbols for which I use two images (image and press image) also do react different. Initally I thought the flip between image and press image would not work at all anymore. Then I realized, it does work, but you have to press and keep pressure on the immage a little longer.

Thanks for your excellent work on this.

Othmar

I’m trying the new public beta, sliders works fine now but background image is missing (just as buttons with custom images), hope this information would help

For me, background images disappeared. Strange, as they were there with previous beta.

Kind regards,
Michal Rutka

Hi
I used the beta version via the TetsFlight app on an iPhone 6s.
For me, no png graphics work. Since all my graphics including the background color image are pngs, I couldn’t see anything besides the text :frowning: So my interface is not usable as is; needed to take out all images…

Still getting the “ERROR OCCUR: Generic HTTP error” when authentication is required.

Regards

No only background images are gone with this update. Also, I don’t see camera feeds and emoncms graphs anymore (webview components).

Hmmm, here is the depiction on openremote 2.2.1 and the one of the prior version (which my wife keeps on her phone). Same controller, so I would say, there is problems with pngs not only in the background…
What I also discovered: at same point, the tab bar disappeared completely and doesn’t come back even after killing the app. So only re-installing the app helps to get back to the settings and other topics…

Eric,

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1 with Console 2.2.1

As the others report, all custom PNGs are gone (backgrund images, custom symbols). Sliders now work again. (Lights are dimming).

Othmar

iPhone 5S, iOS 9.3.1, OR iOS App Version 2.2.1, OR Controller 2.2.0

I’m having the same issue as Jim in 2.2.1; background and png button/switch/slider images do not load on any screens in my panel. In 2.2.0, 9 out of 10 screens loaded the images properly.
Interestingly, png images in the nav bar do load correctly the first time the nav bar loads (I have to go into settings and click “Done” for the Nav bar to load). However, once I click any nav item to change screens, all the nav bar png icons disappear.

My entire panel is custom png images, so this issue makes it very difficult to test; however, I can tell that the buttons still work; because I can somewhat remember where on the black screen the buttons are, and the controller responds when I click the right area. And sliders are visible, but just the default slider images, not the pngs.

Working in 2.2.1:

1. Sliders are working now for me in 2.2.1

High-priority issues in 2.2.1:

1. .png images do not load on any screen

2. Nav bar does not load initially, I have to go into settings and click “Done” to load the nav bar each time I launch the app.

3. Security features do not work (retested with 2.2.1 today), with security enabled in web.xml, I get an error in the iOS 2.2.1 app, “ERROR OCCUR - Generic HTTP Error”

Low-priority issues in 2.2.1:

1. Nav bar loads with a white background, which is hard to use because all icons and screens were designed with the black nav bar

2. My panels are designed in the standard iPhone panel resolution 340x480, and in version 2.1.3, the panel was centered on the larger 4 inch screen of the larger iPhone 5S. Now the panel is moved up to the top of the screen, which makes a “black bar” down between the bottom of the panel and the nav bar. This looks odd and is more difficult to use. I’m excited about being able to use the extra screen space on a new panel someday, possibly at higher resolution, but for existing 340x480 panels, it would be better if they were centered, or moved to the bottom of the screen instead of the top.

3. In version 2.1.3, syncing the controller with the designer would automatically trigger a re-load the iOS app, which was nice when adding/testing new features. 2.2.1 must be completely closed, re-loaded, and then I need to select the panel to trigger a re-load/update with new changes from the controller. I have made some modifications to the controller since 2.2.0 was released, but I know the controller is still working properly because I have an iTouch and my wife’s iPhone still running app version 2.1.3 properly.

Thanks Eric for your work on this!

-Nathan

Thanks all for the feedback.
Build 2.2.1.1 has been distributed as beta.
It fixes the most pressing issue of the images disappearing.
The TabBar should also be black instead of white.

We’ll work on other reported issues as soon as possible.

Hi Eric,

Now works fine! All images are displayed in my screen (background and button) and navbar is black, thanks again for this amazing app

Pd: I will test the app deeper to give you more feedback

Thanks, Eric.
Well, I am getting quite mixed results with 2.2.1.1.:

• navbar is black
  • some pngs are back
  • not all pngs are back. On some pages they show up on some they don’t (see below) although it is the exact same pngs. Then, also no background png shows up.
  • background pngs don’t show filled. May be the “Fill screen” argument is not interpreted.
  • once I kill the app and restart it, the navbar is gone…

Thanks again Eric for the hard work; 2.2.1.1 is way better! Hope these notes are helpful:

iPhone 5S, iOS 9.3.1, OR iOS App Version 2.2.1.1, OR Controller 2.2.0

Working in 2.2.1.1:

1. 90% of screens in my panel load background, switch, button, and slider PNGs properly (see #4 below)

2. Nav bar loads with a black background and icons look great now, but the nav bar does not load when the app launches (see #1 below)

High-priority issues in 2.2.1.1:

1. Nav bar does not load initially, I have to go into settings and click “Done” to load the nav bar each time I launch the app.

2. Security features do not work (retested with 2.2.1.1 today), with security enabled in web.xml, I get an error in the iOS 2.2.1.1 app, “ERROR OCCUR - Generic HTTP Error”

3. Labels with both text and a sensor defined in the designer no longer display the defined text while waiting for an initial sensor value. I like to define text in these sensor-based labels like “Connecting, please wait…”, but now these labels are initially just blank.

4. No .png images do load on screens with Gestures enabled on that screen in the designer (see attached pic)

Low-priority issues in 2.2.1.1:

1. My panels are designed in the standard iPhone panel resolution 340x480, and in version 2.1.3, the panel was centered on the larger 4 inch screen of the larger iPhone 5S. Now the panel is moved up to the top of the screen, which makes a “black bar” down between the bottom of the panel and the nav bar. This looks odd and is more difficult to use. I’m excited about being able to use the extra screen space on a new panel someday, possibly at higher resolution, but for existing 340x480 panels, it would be better if they were centered, or moved to the bottom of the screen instead of the top.

2. Nav bar icons are only ‘blue’ immediately after clearing the image cache (see attached pics). Once the cache is cleared, the active group nav icon is blue, but after any navigation they are not highlighted. I know this is picky, but I thought I’d pass it along as a low-priority bug.

3. In version 2.1.3, syncing the controller with the designer would automatically trigger a re-load the iOS app, which was nice when adding/testing new features. In 2.2.1.1 I need to go into settings and click “Done” to trigger a re-load/update with new changes from the controller.

Thanks!

-Nathan

image1.PNG.jpg

image2.PNG.jpg

gestures.PNG

Excellent work Eric. Testing again on iPhone 5c iOS 9.3.1 Console version 2.2.1.1.
Sliders work, all PNGs show. All functions and capabilities restored. Only small defect I notice compared to 2.1 is, that the alteration between image and pressed image is somewhat slow. If I hit a control quickly, the alteration does not happen at all, while the function is carried out. If I keep the control pressed for about half a second the pressed image shows.

Othmar

I have been having a couple issues since the first update, was hoping to yesterdays update would fix them.

1. On one of my screens the images associated with the switches will not display, I can still touch the spot and the switch activates but no image, they are .png

2. Two of my switches on another page are not changing state, which doesnt allow me to shut them off.

Hello, I have been looking forward to this update for a long time, I’m happy that we can now use the larger real estate of the newer phones. But, as stated above, I too have some of these same problems.

1. Sliders now work, but do not show my custom graphics.

2. Custom toggle switches do not appear on some screens

3. On other pages toggle switches do appear but toggles on but not off.

4. The nav bar icon along with text should turn blue when selected, now only the text turns blue.

If needed I can post screen shots between the old and new app versions.

Once again thanks for all the work, this will be a great update once the bugs are worked out.