open remote controller version and upgrading

Hi,
I have been working with Open Remote Controller (v2.1.0) for the last while using the free designer ( Version 2.14.0 (2013-04-20 Markab))

I have upgraded to the pro designer today and noted that I can't export/import which is a pity

I noticed there is a also newer version of controller (V2.5) but there is also a Pro version (1.4.1)
Which version should I update to, that will allow me to future proof my home project.

Also - Is there a controller upgrade process (sudo apt-get update) or do I need to wipe the rasp-pi and reinstall.

any advice/direction appreciated..

Thanks
Frank

Hi Frank,

If you have a working 2.1x installation you can’t migrate yet to 2.5 (newest pro). See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openremotecommunity/E6OAw7zOGYQ
for (future) updates. Version 2.5 designer should also use the 2.5 controller.

Pierre

Thanks Pierre,

is there a recommended way to upgrade the controller or is it just a wipe and a fresh installer.

Re the import/export between 2.1/2.5 -
I have a lot of commands and sensors added at this stage...
If you think it is a high likely hood that you will provide a conversion capability in the future then I can continue with the free version.
If the likelyhood is slim then I may as well cut my losses and start again

Can I use controller 2.5 with the free version of designer or do I need to move the pro designer version if I want to use the 2.5 controller

Thanks
Frank

Hi Frank,

If you have time, I recommend to wait for a bit as we are looking into migration options and there is a good chance we will get something working :-). If you still want to try I would recommend to start with (Professional) Designer v2.5 and the controller 2.5 in parallel first. Controller 2.5 only works with Designer 2.5 and not with Designer 2.1x.

Pierre

Thanks Pierre,

I'll take a chance and wait.
I wanted to add all the building objects first and then create the panels and as a result I have well over 100 commands, sensors, etc added and am only about half way through.
Recreating would take a lot of time.

BTW _ I submitted a post/query yesterday re sensors
1) if they polled constantly once added to the building modeler or only if they were included in a panel ?
2) for a switch on a panel, does the sensor constantly poll or just when the ON/OFF is triggered ?

If you get a chance you might reply

Rgds
Frank