Professional designer question - migrated from OR Forum

Maybe I will buy the Professional Designer in the comming time. But before purchasing I would like to see what the extras of the Professional Designer are.
I couldn't find an overview of all the templates and buttons.
This page I have found but isn't clear in my opinion.

Labels: Reply
Participants: DGI , Max Buitrago , Pierre Kil , Erwin Bouwman
COMMENTS (3)

Jul 26, 2014
MAX BUITRAGO SAYS: Yes... can someone please answer this question thoroughly. I'm more less a newbi...
Yes... can someone please answer this question thoroughly. I'm more less a newbie with OR, have played around with the free version several times in the past and now
I decided a few days ago to purchase the professional and test to see if a good fit for my business. Over $200 BTW... but to be honest I am not seeing a significant difference. Well beside the z-wave node limitation.
and a couple of other things, Maybe I misunderstood or I'm missing something but it seemed that the Pro version would open up alot more productivity tools, templates, Etc...

anyone at OR can break it down please?

Sincerely

Max - aihome

Jul 26, 2014
PIERRE KIL SAYS: Hi Max, Erwin, The differences between Pro and Free will mainly focus on creati...
Hi Max, Erwin,

The differences between Pro and Free will mainly focus on creating convenience (saving time and effort) for users doing professional implementations. We also offer basic support for them. For details see: http://www.openremote.com/solutions/specifications/

Yes, you are right, the differences are not that obvious (yet). For now, it's z-wave, AMX support, and templates. With time there will be more, but don't want to make any false promises here . Note that we will not limit functionality on the source code, so for those who can afford the time and have the knowledge...

Once you have purchased a Pro account, the Pro 1.4 controller can be downloaded from the online designer.

Designer.openremote.com

This Java controller will happily run on almost any Java 1.6 SDK VM.

We have ready built controller hardware available to help get your professional projects up and running much quicker.