Which Raspberry Pi Image supports Java 6

Hello OR Forum,

after some years I wanted to setup a little OR controller on an RPi Model A. The actual Raspbian Image “Jessie” which is linked on the OR webpage comes with Java 8, but for using drools I need Java 6. I have tried the hotfix for drools 5.1.1 for Java 7, but this does not work in my case.

With that latest image I am not able to install Java 6, because after starting the controller I receive that error message:

“java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I looked up in the internet for a fix, but all these ideas do not work.

Can somebody point me to an image on which I can install Java 6 on an RPi Model A?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Marc,

there exist a lot of info about this on the net.
One pretty long discussion is here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=11671
It’s a general java issue and has nothing todo with OpenRemote.
Maybe you can try a different image for your RPi.

-Marcus

Hello Marcus,

thanks for the link, but this is too much Java for me. Is there not a link where I can download an image which still supports Java 6 as I need this for the rules in Openremote?

I would be interested how all other OR users use rules if the drools engine still works with Java 6 only.

Marc

It’s not OpenRemote but Java itself.
You need to find the correct Image where you can get Java6 working.
If youy type “java -version” without OpenRemote or anything you should see the same error.
Once that is gone and you see the java version displayed you should be able to use the OpenRemote controller which needs java 6.

On Github you can find a OpenRemote controller which has upgraded drools version but you need to build yourself.

-Marcus