Allocated port , invalid ports

Hi, i tried to access the OpenRemote Manager UI at https://localhost.
I used this command : docker-compose -p openremote up

Error : Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint openremote-proxy-1 (1b860d60aa7656ed28278e0f7b1b671edb5d853082803878a9b46deb5164022e): Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated

C:\Users\zsban\genevagrapes>OR_HOSTNAME=192.168.1.1 OR_SSL_PORT=8443 docker-compose -p openremote up -d
‘OR_HOSTNAME’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\zsban\genevagrapes>cmd /C “set OR_HOSTNAME=192.168.1.1 && set OR_SSL_PORT=8443 && docker-compose -p openremote up -d”
1 error(s) decoding:

• error decoding ‘Ports’: Invalid hostPort: 8443

and then i tried other ports too, but are all invalid. Can someone help?

This seems to be a limitation with Windows command prompt and docker compose string interpolation; we recommend using a bash emulation shell like git bash.

Hello Rich,

I have tried to initialize a docker stack using git bash as you suggested. I am using the command line given in the documentation:

OR_HOSTNAME=192.168.1.1 OR_SSL_PORT=8443 docker-compose -p openremote up -d

However I am getting the error:

no configuration file provided: not found

I can see my docker-compose.yml file and I previously created a stack using the cmd line in Windows Powershell for a localhost session but I am trying now to create a session based on my IP so that other users can access it.

Do you know perhaps what could be causing this problem?

Hi,

The obvious question here; when you execute docker compose up command are you in the directory containing the docker-compose.yml as that error suggests that the default file doesn’t exist in the current working directory. Can always use the -f option to specify the path to the compose file as well.

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the answer. Indeed that would be the most obvious answer hahahaha
I am 100% sure that the file is there because I manage to create a docker stack using the PowerShell…

I was hoping this was a common error and I was maybe initializing wrongly but thanks anyways!

That is most definitely the message that docker compose produces when there is no docker-compose.yml in the current working directory.

From git bash ls -al should show docker-compose.yml or make sure you cd to the correct folder.

I use docker compose on windows via git bash without issue.