Cannot connect to the mqtt client

First of all, after looking at the logs, a lot of your clients are not working. Most of them due to incorrect configuration of the docker-compose file.

Looking at line 313-314 of the logs you sent me, I can see that there is an issue with the host you have submitted to the Docker container. I suggest you restart the docker container with the environment variable “MQTT_SERVER_LISTEN_HOST” set to 0.0.0.0, which means that it will listen for all requests to the server.

But in general, I would try to make sure your installation does not have errors. Specifically, I think that the root cause of this issue is that all of the parameters in the docker-compose file point to the same port and hostname. So, I believe that there also is some port conflict that is disabling all of your other clients as well.

If the environment variable I talked about below doesn’t help, then I would first figure out the issues with your host, and then move on to figuring out the MQTT client issues.

Look above, forgot to reply^

I have already posted the method and also provided a screenshot for your understanding.

If you are having issues after following all the steps then purge all container images and pull again.

But, I am pretty much sure that you are doing something wrong in configuration.

You can check after by installing MqttBOx from the Microsoft store or from paho mqtt or configure localhost instead of local ip.

Share the picture then.

1 Like