Can't Receive JSON data or strings from MQTT External broker (Chirpstack via Mosquitto)

Hello!

I’m trying to receive information sent from ChirpStack via Mosquitto (MQTT broker). ChirpStack publishes this information in JSON format, and I want to view that information in OpenRemote. I’ve already configured the connection to the broker and set up an attribute to subscribe to the topic, but it seems that I’m not receiving the information. Any recommendations?

This is the current configuration of the attribute I’m using to subscribe.

In previous tests, I managed to connect OpenRemote with external MQTT brokers (receiving help fron this forum) and successfully subscribed/received information from different topics, but only when they were number-type. However, I haven’t been able to do this when subscribing to topics that receive text data or JSON format. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain how to achieve this.

Best regards,
Jose

Good afternoon @Jose ,

Maybe taking a look into the logs could help. I see that your attribute type is JSON, I’d try setting it to Text and seeing if the attribute is populated after that, because there could be an issue with parsing the value that the agent gets.

Best of luck!

1 Like