Can't send varying data to 1-wire memory.

Dear openremote'ers,

I'm trying to send various data to one of the memories in a 1-wire DS2438 device. I intend to do this by using "execute.command" in a rule RHS with two parameters. I am using the stripped-down test configuration below. I monitor the page.3 memory by accessing the DS2438 with my browser.

I use the browser to set the 8-byte memory to all-zero. I reboot the raspberry pi. The memory remains all-zero. I "push" the button on the iPhone and "ABC" appears in the memory (4142430000000000 actually).

Further button pushes do not put "999" into the memory. If I change the "Data to send" in the command to none (empty), I get a "java.lang.NullPointerException" in openremote/logs/dev.log.
(see http://www.gizmology.com/dev.log

I sure would like to get this working... Even though openremote is open source, I really don't have the java skills to dig in and make a fix... Worse yet, I have no idea how to rebuild the program if I found a fix.

Help??

BTW: I can READ the memory location display it on the iPhone.

Gary

-------- COMMAND ----------------
Name: Send page data
Protocol: 1-wire Protocol
Hostname: 192.168.1.181
Port: 4304
Device address: SprinkIPC/pages
Sensor attribute: page.3
Temp. scale:
Polling interval: 3s
Data to send: ABC

Name: Catch Button
Protocol: In-Memory Virtual Command
Command: on
Address: testbutton

-------- SENSOR -----------------
Name: Button Sense
Command: Catch Button
Type: custom
Custom State Items: (empty)

-------- BUTTON -----------------
Command: Catch Button

-------- RULES ------------------
rule "Send to page.3"
when
   Event(source=="Button Sense", value=="on")
then
  execute.command("Send page data", "999");
end

Hi

I've never used 1-Wire devices, so this suggestion is purely a guess.

Have you tried using the ${param} variable in the command, so that the 999 of passed to the command?

(Take out the polling interval, as I assume that this resends the command like it does in other protocols)

Like this :-

Name: Send page data
Protocol: 1-wire Protocol
Hostname: 192.168.1.181
Port: 4304
Device address: SprinkIPC/pages
Sensor attribute: page.3
Temp. scale:
Polling interval:
Data to send: ${param}

Stuart,

Nope. All I get is the ASCII codes for $(param) (2428706172616D29) written into DS2438's memory.

Also, the 1-wire protocol template won't let me leave the polling interval blank and submit it.

Thanks!

Gary

You need to use curly braces just like Stewart's written. Now you write just the string into the memory.