Error on docker-compose pull

Good morning everyone
I tried to update two different instances with docker-compose -p openremote pull and both of them gave me the following on docker-compose -p openremote up:

Creating network "openremote_default" with the default driver
Creating openremote_postgresql_1 ... done
Creating openremote_keycloak_1   ... done
Creating openremote_manager_1    ... done

ERROR: for proxy  Container "3a6c1ad1c9ad" is unhealthy.
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

I have backups for both of the disks but I was wondering if I’m doing something wrong when I upgrade the image? Is it a fixable issue or do I need to restore the backup?
Many thanks!

Hi! Depending on the version you’re upgrading from,
it should not be any different than the steps you mentioned.

Can you provide the logs of the containers?
The issue could be a similar issue to

hi,
i am also trying to restore but occur same error

Apparently my proxy doesn’t exists anymore

root@openremote-ufficioma:~# docker-compose -p openremote up
openremote_postgresql_1 is up-to-date
openremote_keycloak_1 is up-to-date
openremote_manager_1 is up-to-date

ERROR: for proxy  Container "3a6c1ad1c9ad" is unhealthy.
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
root@openremote-ufficioma:~# docker logs openremote_proxy_1
Error: No such container: openremote_proxy_1
root@openremote-ufficioma:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                          COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS                         PORTS                          NAMES
3a6c1ad1c9ad   openremote/manager:latest      "/bin/sh -c 'java $O…"   26 hours ago   Restarting (1) 9 seconds ago                                  openremote_manager_1
6bd1c0d7dee2   openremote/keycloak:latest     "/bin/sh -c '/opt/ke…"   26 hours ago   Up 26 hours (healthy)          8080/tcp, 8443/tcp             openremote_keycloak_1
f263c7b135f5   openremote/postgresql:latest   "/or-entrypoint.sh p…"   26 hours ago   Up 26 hours (healthy)          5432/tcp, 8008/tcp, 8081/tcp   openremote_postgresql_1
fe2c54b356ed   openremote/keycloak:latest     "/bin/sh -c '/opt/ke…"   4 months ago   Up 2 weeks (healthy)           8080/tcp, 8443/tcp             openremoted_keycloak_1
7f3751577bb5   697aa9d4f5f0                   "docker-entrypoint.s…"   4 months ago   Up 2 weeks (healthy)           5432/tcp                       openremoted_postgresql_1

If I check the logs for the 3a6c1ad1c9ad that is perma-restarting, I see a loop of

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: 
Mar 23, 2023 3:13:00 AM org.openremote.container.util.LogUtil getConfigInputStream
INFO: Using built in logging configuration from classpath: logging.properties
2023-03-23 03:13:01.375  INFO    [main                          ] org.openremote.container.Container       : >>> Starting runtime container...
2023-03-23 03:13:01.380  INFO    [main                          ] org.openremote.container.Container       : Initializing service: org.openremote.manager.syslog.SyslogService
2023-03-23 03:13:01.381  INFO    [main                          ] .openremote.manager.syslog.SyslogService : Syslog service enabled
2023-03-23 03:13:01.390  INFO    [main                          ] org.openremote.container.Container       : Initializing service: org.openremote.manager.persistence.ManagerPersistenceService
2023-03-23 03:13:01.392  INFO    [main                          ] container.persistence.PersistenceService : Preparing persistence service for database: POSTGRES
2023-03-23 03:13:01.498  INFO    [main                          ] container.persistence.PersistenceService : Setting storage directory to '/storage'
2023-03-23 03:13:01.499  SEVERE  [main                          ] container.persistence.PersistenceService : Specified OR_STORAGE_DIR '/storage' doesn't exist or is not a folder
2023-03-23 03:13:01.500  SEVERE  [main                          ] org.openremote.container.Container       : >>> Runtime container startup failed
java.nio.file.FileSystemNotFoundException: Specified OR_STORAGE_DIR '/storage' doesn't exist or is not a folder
        at org.openremote.container.persistence.PersistenceService.init(PersistenceService.java:310)
        at org.openremote.container.Container.start(Container.java:162)
        at org.openremote.container.Container.startBackground(Container.java:207)
        at org.openremote.manager.Main.main(Main.java:31)

docker ps only shows running containers.
You can use docker ps -a for showing all containers on your system. :wink:

The storage error you sent just got discovered yesterday, and we’re working on a fix asap.
I’ll let you know when a fix is available.

1 Like

Thanks martin, sorry for my poor docker knowledge

This is the result with -a

root@openremote-ufficioma:~# docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                          COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS                          PORTS                          NAMES
3a6c1ad1c9ad   openremote/manager:latest      "/bin/sh -c 'java $O…"   27 hours ago   Restarting (1) 53 seconds ago                                  openremote_manager_1
6bd1c0d7dee2   openremote/keycloak:latest     "/bin/sh -c '/opt/ke…"   27 hours ago   Up 27 hours (healthy)           8080/tcp, 8443/tcp             openremote_keycloak_1
f263c7b135f5   openremote/postgresql:latest   "/or-entrypoint.sh p…"   27 hours ago   Up 27 hours (healthy)           5432/tcp, 8008/tcp, 8081/tcp   openremote_postgresql_1
fe2c54b356ed   openremote/keycloak:latest     "/bin/sh -c '/opt/ke…"   4 months ago   Up 2 weeks (healthy)            8080/tcp, 8443/tcp             openremoted_keycloak_1
7f3751577bb5   697aa9d4f5f0                   "docker-entrypoint.s…"   4 months ago   Up 2 weeks (healthy)            5432/tcp                       openremoted_postgresql_1

still no proxy if it’s not the last one without name

Please see:

1 Like

Hi Rich
added the 3 new lines and everything seems to be working, many thanks!

Edit:
@Rich apparently MQTT isn’t working anymore with loads of “Cannot authorize asset event as asset and/or attribute doesn’t exist” logs. Asset id and attribute names didn’t change, also recopied service user’s,secret and rebooted the machine. Trying to troubleshoot this, i’ll update here when I find something

edit2: fixed
there was a problem with the birth message and apparently if he can’t send that he can’t send anything
Thanks for the help!