How do I make a PID controller with OpenRemote?

I want to build a PID controller based on two temperatures taken from a knx system. One of the value is the actual value and the other one is the current wanted value.
These values are typically 30-40 degrees celcius, I want the regulator to output a value between +100 to -200.
The output value will be sent back to knx to control a heat source.

Anyone have sugestion how to aproach this challange?

The demo design https://github.com/openremote/Documentation/wiki/Example-Home contains PID controller. You can use it as a starting point.

I did have a look on thet demo yesterday actually, it was quite complicated for a newby like me. Could you point out the basic of the the PID part of the demo and what I need to copy to my project? I understand I need to use some of the rules from the demo, but do I need to import any files as well?

torsdag 16. februar 2017 09.55.25 UTC+1 skrev Michal Rutka følgende:

When you look at the rules file and search for PID then you see following tags:

// PID controller start

[ many lines of code …]

// PID end

// Fake sensors start

The PID code is between the start and end tags. Please study it, and see if you can figure out how it works. In the devices all PID commands and sensors are under the PID device.

In short you need to copy everything with PID in the name.

Ok, thank you for your answer. I will take a look on this and try it out. I am sure I will follow up with some questions later.

torsdag 16. februar 2017 13.39.48 UTC+1 skrev Michal Rutka følgende: