How to integrate Fibaro "The Button"

Hello, I’ve just bought a Fibaro “The Button”.

But unfortunately I can’t figure out how to integrate it in Openremote :frowning:

Does anyone know how to do this?

/Magnus

First of all you have to add the device to the Z-Wave network. The Fibaro Button seems to be a security enabled device, therefore I’m not sure if this device can be included with the hardware button of the Fibaro Z-Stick. In case of a security enabled device you have to include the Fibaro Button with an inclusion software command that is sent to the Fibaro Z-Stick or another Z-Wave interface. That means you have to add an inclusion switch with the commands INCLUSION_MODE_ON, INCLUSION_MODE_OFF, INCLUSION_MODE_STATUS to a panel (see New Z-Wave 2.0.0 Release).

After device inclusion an association from the device to the controller (Z-Wave node ID 1) has to be configured so that the device knows where to send Z-Wave commands after the button has been pressed. After successful inclusion of a device you’ll find a nodeX.xml (X : Z-Wave node ID) file in the directory /webapps/controller/zwave. Open this file with an editor and add the following association :

** ** ** 1 ** ...
<wake-up interval="..." />

``

After editing this file restart the controller and wake up the Fibaro Button so that it’s possible for the controller to configure the Z-Wave device.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that the Fibaro Button supports COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION. If this is true add the command STATUS_SCENE_ID to your configuration and create a related range sensor (0 - 10). For test purposes add a label to a panel and link the label with the STATUS_SCENE_ID command. After pressing the button you should see the scene ID on the label.

After reading the Fibaro Button manual I was a bit confused because they claim that the button sends always scene ID 1 to the controller no matter how many times you press the button ? Doesn’t make sense to me. I was expecting that the button sends a different scene ID depending on how many times the button was pressed. Let’s see because these manuals are not always 100% correct.

Thanks for the quick respons.

I’ve managed to include the device into the Z network and a .xml file was created (se below)

Maybe this can be of some help… (node 13 is the Fibaro button)

When I pushed the button two times the following was found in the z wave log-file

Node ‘13’ : [APP_CMD_HANDLER_FRAME : NodeID=‘13’, Status=[RECEIVE_STATUS_TYPE_SINGLE], CommandClass=‘COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE’, Command=‘0x03’, Parameters: [0x04, 0x03, 0x01]]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,106 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0x01]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,107 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0x10, 0x00, 0x04]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,107 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0x00]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,107 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0x06, 0x0A, 0x32, 0x02, 0x21, 0x34, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,107 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0xAC]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,108 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0x00]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,108 (Z-Wave): RX_Serial_Port_RXTX : Data bytes read : [0x00, 0x6E]
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,108 (Z-Wave): RX_Frame_Layer : Data frame [0x01, 0x10, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x06, 0x0A, 0x32, 0x02, 0x21, 0x34, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xAC, 0x00, 0x00, 0x6E] has been received.
DEBUG 2016-08-17 20:01:21,109 (Z-Wave): RX_Session_Layer

/Magnus

It seems that the Fibaro Button doesn’t support the Z-Wave command class COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION. Fibaro utilizes the command class COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE in order to send scene information. Unfortunately this command class is currently not supported.

That was not good :frowning:

Is there any chance that the command class will be supported in the near future?

Yes I intend to implement COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION in the near future but no guarantees when it’s ready.

That sounds great, thanks.
I'll be waiting patiently :slight_smile:

I asked Fibaro support if they could shed some light over my button problem.

I received this answer:

“Probably attached files (API and LUA scene) can show you what is a central scene – it is new command class to trigger scenes, and it an event type.”

see attached files…

Maybe this can be of some help when you implement the command class.

2016-09-07_09h27_24.png

2016-09-07_09h37_37.png

The following new Z-Wave protocol version supports COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE and has been tested with the Fibaro Button.

Z-Wave 3.1.0 Beta1

1. Exclude the device from the Z-Wave network and include it again or delete the nodeX.xml file in the /webapps/controller/zwave folder and restart the controller and wakeup the device (press button 4 times).
  2. In the designer create a STATUS_CENTRAL_SCENE_ID command and link it with a range sensor (range 0 - 1000).
  3. Edit the nodeX.xml file in the /webapps/controller/zwave folder and add the following Z-Wave association configuration and restart the controller and wakeup the device (press button 4 times).
    You have to replace the **zwave.jar **file in the /webapps/controller/WEB-INF/lib folder with the new jar file.
** ** ** 1 **

``

I’ve replaced the zwave.jar file.

And when I try to start the controller it looks good in the beginning of the startup process.

It’s using the new file 3.1.0 Beta1.

But after opening the COM-port and starting some Node’s it stops and the following errors occurs.

Any suggestion what to do?

My Z-network consist of a Z-stick (Aeotec gen5) and Openremote is running on a QNAP NAS (TS-453A).

As always any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Java version 1.8.0_65

The following version should fix this bug that creeped in with the new implementation :

Z-Wave 3.1.1 Beta1