Login page logo on mobile

Hi everyone
I was able to change every logo on login page + manager and favicon, but I noticed that the Mobile Logo I uploaded isn’t being used on login page. This causes a large page because the main logo is good for a browser but not on the app. Is there a way to set separate logo for browser and app, or should it change by itself and I did something wrong?

Thanks!

The three logos you can change in manager_config and upload in ‘setttings/appearance’ are for favicon/manager header logo/manager header logo on mobile. For the login page itself, you currently have to change styling and logo in Keycloak, see Authentication logo - #17 by cheezymcsquibble But not sure whether you can add different logo’s for desktop and mobile. So far we always use the same logo and check resolution, which works out fine. Just half an answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi pcr,

You would have to edit the keycloak theme pages yourself to do this.
Let us know how far you get :slight_smile:

Don

Hello @pcr it really sounds great that you was able to change every logo on login page + manager and favicon on openremote platform.Could you please help me out how did you make it work to change logo and text on login page, as i am trying hard to make it change on login page, but no luck at all.

Could you please share one of your own custumized login page with your own logo and texts setup procedure screenshots? So that i could be also work on it same like you have done to custumize your own login page and keep debugging with this issue in order to make it work through your provided step-by-step described and guided in your own login page setup procedure. Thanks.

Hello @Denis i have already been contact to them at their contact form last week, but afraid to say that no response and support at all from them till date.

Also, sorry, but this is really useless to ask and won’t mind at all. Could you please share one of your own custumized login page with your own logo and texts setup procedure screenshots? So that i could be also work on it same like you have done to custumize your own login page and keep debugging with this issue in order to make it work through your provided step-by-step described and guided in your setup procedure. Thanks.

Please be patient, @Don or @Pierre will answer you. The team is really busy at this moment.

Hello @Denis Sure! I understand. No problem at all :slightly_smiling_face: