Philips hue integration

Hello,

We have a system of philips hue and We want to integrate the bridge or the bulbs with openremote only for change colour when a Threshold of a sensor of temperature change. Do you have any guide or steps for make this integration?

Thank you

Regards

Hello @fmmm
I didn’t test philips hue yet but when I need to control home device I use a raspberry Pi with node-red to control the devices. Then if you want to manage it from openremote you can use mqtt to read/write from openremote to the raspberry

Have a look at this

1 Like

As @pcr described you should look into using standards like MQTT and HTTP.
Especially with ecosystems like Philips Hue there are many tutorials and 3rd party tools available to work those standards. (See a quick search on “How do I connect to my Philips Hue device using [protocol]”)

All supported portocols, as well as tutorials for HTTP and MQTT are found in the wiki:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer,

I have been searching info about philips hue integration, and To control a light (on or off), the Hue expects a HTTP PUT request to:
http://192.168.54.13/api/xpTr41zXwGDrfaB59XoYCYyxJeEbxfTPnyZZQ-47/lights/11/state

where 192.168.54.13 is the bridge ip for philips lights, and The body of the PUT request (in Json) looks like this:
{“on”: true} or {“on”:false} in Json .

I have connection to the url from our openremote, but I have tried to make a bolean buttom (with on and off) and Was Impossible to do it, Any idea for make it in openremote please?

Regards

Hey,

Try using the DYNAMIC_VALUE_PLACEHOLDER of {$value} inside your write value where you want the true|false to be injected:

{
  "on": {$value}
}
1 Like

Thanks Rich, It is Working like you told me

But right now We have a problem, We are using the bulb as an actuator, so When the temperature is between an interval the bulb lights up, but When the temperature is out of range (which is when the bulb should lights down) the bulb does not light down. Any idea Why does not light down de bulb?

Thank you
Regards

I’m not sure about what I’m saying but you are just telling to the software “If the temperature goes in the range, set true”. You are not saying “otherwise false”, maybe try to do another rule for false?

1 Like

This is the correct approach; there is no implicit action when condition doesn’t match exposed in the UI at the moment (internally the when-then rule DSL does have an otherwise action list).

Hello!! can you support me ?