Proxy Restart Issue - Certbot Authentication Error

I’m currently encountering a persistent issue with the OpenRemote proxy.
The proxy attempts to restart, but unfortunately, the restart doesn’t succeed. I have been monitoring the situation and have noticed a recurring error in the process.

Here are the error messages I’m receiving in the proxy logs:

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: webroot). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: xxx
Type: unauthorized
Detail: 18.159.115.224: Invalid response from xxx:443/.well-known/acme-challenge/qgaTkU3hTVB4UZmwcfm0V8ceMYh7aHnKhO1Tk4U7M9A: 404

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the temporary challenge files created by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains serve their content from the provided --webroot-path/-w and that files created there can be downloaded from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/lib/haproxy/-/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
[ERROR][2023-08-01 15:35:36] Failed to generate certificate either haproxy configuration is incorrect or TLD not supported

Interestingly, after manually restarting the container, the issue seems to be temporarily resolved and the proxy works fine for a few days. However, the error inevitably resurfaces.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi,

Why is the proxy container attempting to restart? Is it failing due to the cert request failing and then just being auto restarted?

Seems strange that the acme challenge is going over port 443 this should be done on port 80; can you share your proxy config (feel free to remove your domain name):

docker inspect or-proxy-1

Also paste log output (if there is anything missing from above).

Please use code markup quotes to make things easier to read.