samsung series 9 tv

HI Alex,

Thanks so much for replying. I guess open remote is dead then. I’ll look elsewhere.

Peter

Let me assure you gentlemen that OpenRemote is far from dead.

The commercial site is very much alive and well.

However, I'll agree that the old demo Community group aren't that active in this forum.

Hi Stuart

What is the commercial site you are referring to? Is it for paid support? Would love to know more about this. Also is it for the same product or is there a different product for commercial use with professional support?

Hi Stuart,

That’s great glad to here it has a wider commercial use but for those doing this as a hobby then it’s dead. Unless there is some secret club we join which is not mentioned on the website.

Hi

Could you expand on what you're classification of Dead is.

The controller is actively being developed by the core commercial team.

I look after the Velbus testing, with a member of the core team providing software development on a £ per hour basis. Meaning that whenever you see an update on the Velbus jar file, all the software work has been funded.

I know that Z-Wave is very Pro-Actively supported, as many threads on this forum will attest to.

A couple of the core team often post help and suggestions to people's posts on this group, but only when they have free time that they are prepared to use to support free users, out of the goodness of their hearts. (They know who they are :wink: I don't need to name them)

If by 'dead' you mean that the 3000+ demo / free users don't seem to be actively contributing to this group, then I have to agree.

As for a special club you can join, then no, not that I'm aware of.

Unless you've got a commercial project that you want commercial support for.

Or you paid for the license to use the Pro version of OpenRemote, in which case you just need to reach out to the support team directly for assistance with formally supported protocols.

If it makes you feel any better, I struggle to programme my microwave oven, so without paying for the software development I need to keep Velbus fully supported, I'd be in the same boat as you feel you are in.

Best wishes,

Stuart

Stuart,

Seems to me then that its a question of perception. When something is called “openremote” you expect that you are dealing with an open source solution supported by a community what you are suggesting is a more of a traditional software solution, which is fine, I just think that something that I think needs to be clear. The website is very pretty but it does little to explain that.

The JAR mentioned in this thread is dated 2013, so it obviously does not support the Samsung 2015+ TV’s. Given there is no update on Samsung support by OpenRemote, I guess it’s a dead end. I just wished the documentation had mentioned which Samsung TV’s were supported: I wouldn’t have wasted several hours setting things up, reading documentation and configuring an app.