Use of custom mbtiles- file prevents startup

Hello,
openremote is running fine for me with custom deployment, but just when using a preconfigured mbtiles- file from maptiler. However this file lacks of features I need (buildings for example) and is pretty old when using the free version, that’s why I would like to use my own. I downloaded the map from osm and used tilemaker to create the .mbtiles file. However when I try to use this file openremote_manager_1 won’t start and I get this error message:

2022-01-18 04:07:06.777  INFO    [main                          ] org.openremote.manager.map.MapService    : Starting map service with tile data: /deployment/map/mapdata.mbtiles
2022-01-18 04:07:06.852  SEVERE  [main                          ] org.openremote.container.Container       : >>> Runtime container startup failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.openremote.manager.map.MapService.start(MapService.java:234)
        at org.openremote.container.Container.start(Container.java:168)
        at org.openremote.container.Container.startBackground(Container.java:209)
        at org.openremote.manager.Main.main(Main.java:31)
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: 
Using logging configuration on classpath: logging.properties

So there seems to be a problem with the file, things I tried already:

• Checked the rights of the file
  • Completely removed the containers and started fresh
  • Removed all features from the ja-settings.json- file I don’t need

Does anyone know wether there is something special to keep in mind when creating the mbtiles- file for openremote? Or how I can get further details, the error message above is pretty meaningless.
Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response; looking at MapService:234 the NPE is because your mapdata.mbtiles doesn’t contain metadata and our code assumes it does.

Hi,
thanks for your reply! I researched about this, my file has metadata but it apparently was not complete, I needed to add the entry for “center”. I compared my file against the specifications here: https://github.com/mapbox/mbtiles-spec/blob/master/1.3/spec.md

This is my metadata-table:

format|pbf
json|{"vector_layers":[{"fields":{"code":"Number","fclass":"String","name":"String","osm_id":"String","type":"String"},"id":"gis_osm_buildings"},{"fields":{"code":"Number","fclass":"String","name":"String","osm_id":"String","type":"String"},"id":"gis_osm_buildings_a_free_1"},{"fields":{"bridge":"String","code":"Number","fclass":"String","layer":"String","maxspeed":"Number","name":"String","oneway":"String","osm_id":"String","ref":"String","tunnel":"String"},"id":"gis_osm_roads_free_1"},{"fields":{"name":"String"},"id":"tema_names"}]}
description|donbosco-tema
name|donbosco-tema
type|baselayer
minzoom|12
maxzoom|18
bounds|-0.0192953,5.70436,-0.0139116,5.70809
crs|EPSG:3857
center|5.706374,-0.016517,14

I don’t have a grids-table or grid-data-table, however this does not seem to be necessary. What am I missing here?
Thank you very much!

Maybe compare it to the built in mbtiles file which can be found in: