Using Tablets or Phones Infrared IR Blaster with OpenRemote

Hi all,

I’m new to OpenRemote and wanted to confirm a few things. What I really wanted to do is to use my Samsung Galaxy 4 Tablet as a Remote Control for my Home Theater system, to control my TV, A/V receiver, MediaCenter PC, XBOX, BlueRay Player, etc. For some of those devices I could remote control them using IP protocol. However there are some devices that only accept an infrared interface to remote control them.

1. Can I use the IR blaster on my tablet somehow with OpenRemote or I really need something like IRTrans to control those devices. I understand IRTrans is a solid solution but since I already have the IR Blaster in my tablet I’d like to use it if possible.

2. Can I control my XBOX over IP? IF so what protocol should I use ?

Thanks much

Alex

1. Can I use the IR blaster on my tablet somehow with OpenRemote or I really need something like IRTrans to control those devices. I understand IRTrans is a solid solution but since I already have the IR Blaster in my tablet I’d like to use it if possible.

We don’t use local blaster on the controlling device like Android phone/tablet but required an IR blaster connected to the controller, e.g. via IP such as an IRTrans or a GlobalCaché.