Z wave device - how to get data from device like Power, Voltage etc ..

Hello All,

I am a newby in openremote and I have a question concerning the data we can get from a Z wave device.
My conf is the following :

Raspberry PI 3 model B (Raspbian Stretch)
Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5
openremote 2.6

I have one device registered (Z Wave), it is a plug : HANK HKZW-SO05 “Smart Plug”
It works perfetcly with commands ON OFF STATUS

But I have also seen that it was possible to get more information like Voltage, Power in Watts etc.
Here is the xml file generated on my raspberry:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Unknown Manufacturer BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY true true ELECTRIC_METER ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_V ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_A true 1

So, my question is :
how is it possible in openremote to get these information (ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_V ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH etc …) and display them ?
It is surely simple but I haven t found it into the documentation.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Regards,
Jerome

In the node3.xml file you can see that the device supports the following command classes :

COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY

COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3

COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION

With the command class information you are able to retrieve all supported commands from the following table : Supported Z-Wave Command Classes

For your device the following commands are supported :

ON

OFF

STATUS

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_V

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_A

STATUS_SCENE_ID

You should create the missing commands as you did with the ON, OFF and STATUS commands. In addition create ‘Range’ sensors and associate them with the related meter commands.

I think that the device doesn’t send scene ID’s to the controller by itself - it presumably only receives scene ID’s in order to activate preconfigured scenes. Configuring these scenes is currently not supported because COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF hasn’t been implemented yet. So the command STATUS_SCENE_ID doesn’t make sense.

Hello Rainer Hitz

Thanks a lot for your great explanation.
I did what you said and it works perfectly :slight_smile:

I was sure that it was not difficult but the documention on openremote web site is not very clear about this topic. :slight_smile:

Once again, thanks a lot for your help Rainer and the time you took to answer me :slight_smile:

Regards,
Jerome