Z-Wave use with Open-Remote AEOTEC Z-Stick Gen5

I have an implementation of Synology with KNX and Open-Remote now running for several years now with a lot of of changes and improvements. Now I start to use z-wave components Danfoss Lc13 and figaro Motion Sensors, Door Contacts to complete the setup. I got the Z–Wave elements very fast implemented with Domoticz. But using OR is not working. The correct serial Port for AEOTEC Z-Stick is set.

I see no errors in the zwave.log - but nothing happens on OR side.Now I’ve seen a new Zwave.jar is available, but where to load? Mine is from 2016:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 openremote users 2857954 Jul 20 2016 zwave.jar

Any help is appreciated.

Image-1.jpg

First of all you should make sure that the serial port has been correctly initialized. In the Z-Wave log at /logs/zwave/zwave.log you should see something like the following:

INFO 2018-04-30 14:48:30,040 (Z-Wave):

Hello,

1. ``It is: OpenRemote Z-Wave protocol version : '3.0.0'

2. The Port used by Domoticz successfully (/dev/ttyACM0) is mentioned in the log as not existing

3. Where and how to put the zwave.jar file?

thanks for any help.

Hi,

now the ZWAVE.jar is installed…

DEBUG 2019-01-07 17:27:56,688 (Z-Wave): Connection_Manager : Adding shutdown hook to manage unclosed Z-Wave connections in case of controller exit.
INFO 2019-01-07 17:27:56,689 (Z-Wave): Serial_Port : Opening the serial port [COM port: /dev/ttyACM0, Communication Layer: RXTX]…
ERROR 2019-01-07 17:27:56,697 (Z-Wave): Serial_Port_RXTX : Failed to configure the serial port [Name: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’, Communication Layer: RXTX] because it does not exist.
ERROR 2019-01-07 17:27:56,697 (Z-Wave): Serial_Port : Failed to open the serial port [COM port: /dev/ttyACM0, Communication Layer: RXTX].

but still the port seems not be exist, but

root@DS_EH1:/volume1/@appstore/OpenRemote/webapps/controller/zwave# dir /dev/ttyA*
crw------- 1 root root 166, 0 Jan 7 17:32 /dev/ttyACM0

I don’t get it where the problem is: Domoticz is working with this port!

Please help

Could be an access rights problem - /dev/ttyACM0 is owned by root.

Good morning,

yes probably, but what is the correct owner/user and user group?

I changed to openremote and users --> no change.

crwxrwxrwx 1 openremote users 166, 0 Jan 12 08:42 /dev/ttyACM0

I have no group “dialout” as some posts are requesting. What are the constraints to make it working?

Could someone explain more in detail what I shall do?