Zwave Aeon Labs Energy Reader

Hi

Has anyone successfully implemented Zwave Aeon Labs Energy Reader? i have attached the node file that shows the supported command classes.

I tried using the following commands to poll the readings however i am seeing some errors as below:

commands

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH

node ID 5:1 (node 5 end point 1)

Error that i am seeing:

WARN 2017-02-08 07:48:45,441 : CCMeter : Node ‘5:1’ : [COMMAND_CLASS_METER::METER_REPORT] contains an unknown meter type : ‘0x21’.

WARN 2017-02-08 07:48:45,442 : CCMeter : Node ‘5:1’ : [COMMAND_CLASS_METER::METER_REPORT, MeterType=‘UNKNOWN’] contains the unknown scale type : '0

node5.xml (4.01 KB)

You should be more successful with the following new version :

Z-Wave 3.1.3 Beta1

You should delete the node5.xml file and restart the controller. After that you should see that COMMAND_CLASS_METER of the endpoints has the same version as COMMAND_CLASS_METER of the root device.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

``

Hi Rainer

i tried the instructions you gave with the 3.1.3 beta and i am getting the following errors:

ERROR 2017-02-25 02:09:08,968 : Command : Failed to execute [Command : NodeID=‘5’, EndPoint=‘1’, CommandString=‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W’, ParamValue=’–’] because could not find a suitable Z-Wave command class for command ‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W’.

ERROR [HTTP-Thread-4]: Command : Failed to execute [Command : NodeID=‘5’, EndPoint=‘1’, CommandString=‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W’, ParamValue=’–’] because could not find a suitable Z-Wave command class for command ‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W’.

ERROR 2017-02-25 02:09:12,304 : Command : Failed to execute [Command : NodeID=‘5’, EndPoint=‘1’, CommandString=‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH’, ParamValue=’–’] because could not find a suitable Z-Wave command class for command ‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH’.

ERROR [HTTP-Thread-4]: Command : Failed to execute [Command : NodeID=‘5’, EndPoint=‘1’, CommandString=‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH’, ParamValue=’–’] because could not find a suitable Z-Wave command class for command ‘ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH’.

Feb 25, 2017 2:09:22 AM org.restlet.engine.connector.HttpClientHelper start

I am using the following commands (are they the right commands to use)?

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_W

ELECTRIC_METER_SCALE_KWH

i have attached the node file that was generated with 3.1.3 beta

node5.xml (4.24 KB)

Sorry but version 3.1.3 was a bit premature.

The commands that you’ve used are ok - polling should work with the following version :

Z-Wave 3.2.1

Thanks Rainer. I am not getting any errors any more however the values seem to stay at zero. I will look in to this a little more. I am probably missing something on my end I believe.

I did notice though that with the previous versions, my garage door sensor when open would return a value of 255 while with this version it is returning 1. I dont think i have changed anything else so wondering if any changes you may have made related to that in this 3.2.1 version.