Migration from Designer 2.1x to 2.5

Yes, this is the correct process.

There is no need to use the older staging / free designer for the migration.

The migration server has a copy of data from the free server.
The procedure is to:

• login in the migration server with the “old” credential from the free designer.
  • export a zip file from the migration server
  • login in the 2.5 server with new credentials
  • import the zip file

Please don’t import anything in the migration server, or do any other work there, the database will get replaced.
Don’t import zip files exported from the free designer into the 2.5 designer, this will not work, the zip must come from the migration server.

We are aware that there are many 500 errors when trying this migration.
This can’t be solved on a case by case basis.
The reason we asked users to report their experience here is to gauge the amount of accounts that had issues.
People posting their account information helps as it points us to accounts that exhibit the issue, but does not mean we can go and fix anything.

The main issue is related to duplicate ids and the way the information is stored and not a trivial one to fix.
We will keep investigating the issue and update you when progress is made.

Given the above issues, there is no point in updating the database with more recent data from the free designer at this stage.

The migration server is basically a 2.5 server with data from the free server.
As you have a local copy, the option would be that you have a local install of a 2.5 version, which is not possible at this time.
We’ll keep investigating the options and keep you posted.

Hello,

I have the error 500

username: dlowet

I could do an export, but the import fails.

It would be very nice if it can be resolved!

Hi Eric,

Would it be possible for you to post the required format/schemes of the new openremote.zip file that can be imported into 2.5. Maybe those of us with a standalone designer cab then manually generate a openremote.zip file in the right format for import into 2.5???

Thanks Gideon

Hello,

I have the error 500

my username: patrickspruyt

Thanks!

Patrick

As I mentioned in another topic, the ‘raw’ “Serial” protocol seems to be missing from 2.5. Is there any plan to add it back?

If yes, would it also be possible to add the regex parsing and filtering features (especially mainly Read Regex Filter and Default Read Response) found in the telnet protocol options? It would make it a good deal more useful.

Thanks!

Hello,

could you backup my current settings? they are different than the backup from 23 june, so i can upgrade to 2.5

username: robke

Hello Pierre,

Since
yesterday the UI Designer doesn’t save the changes. When I create new stuff or changr anything, then save the changes, log out, log in, the changes are discarded. Also extrating to ZIP discardes the changes.

Do you know where the problem is? Deleting temp file of the browser doesn’t help. I’m new at open remote and does not know what’s wrong.

username: khosrau.heidary

Thanx,

Khosy

Hi.

After a long time I am back to OR. I can’t log to the migration server. with any of my users.

.I have an account on the 2.1 server with a running project and a new one you have created for me in the days of Pro version to test the ModBus with HTTP etc.

I can’t migrate to ver 2.5.

I need your help.

The old user is Aviry.

Tanks,

Nir Aviry

בתאריך יום רביעי, 8 ביוני 2016 בשעה 15:50:01 UTC+3, מאת Pierre Kil:

Hi again.

Correction. My mistake with password but I am getting error 500 now.

User name is Aviry.

Thanks,

Nir Aviry

בתאריך יום שני, 24 באוקטובר 2016 בשעה 09:11:45 UTC+3, מאת Nir Aviry:

Hi again.

Any chance the error shall be fixed?

I want to migrate and do not want to build my project from the biginning.

I have about 30 devices and lots of control.

Another option is to backup the project in the old free designer and in the migration server to erase what causing the error.

The issue is I do not have any idea what to erase.

Thanks,

NIr

בתאריך יום רביעי, 8 ביוני 2016 בשעה 15:50:01 UTC+3, מאת Pierre Kil:

Hello,
As many others, I obtain the 500 error.

My username is 108nico

Any update?

Thanks,

Nicolas

hi
after login to professional account home button & bulding modeler not displaying on screen

Regards

Prasad

Hello,

It is still not possibe to export/import my old project. Can somebody look into this please?

Thanks,

Davy

Same here still can export from old system to new system and version on migration server is so out of date.

Is anyone at OpenRemote still participating in this form / is anything being done about this error or are we being forced to scrap all our projects and start from scratch

Hello

I did an export in 2.1 and imported it in 2.5. Now the 2.5 designer account seems to be blocked and an “admin should have a look” it says.

There was an implementation error in Designer while restoring your account data. The system administrators have been notified of this issue. To prevent potential damage to your data, further modifications have been disabled until the admins have cleared the issue. Do not make changes to your designs or configuration during this period, as these changes may get lost. For further assistance, please contact support.

do I need to contact support, or will they check this some time :slight_smile: ?

Steffen

hi
my account has a problem when i loged in Buiding modeler,home Button & Import Export not Displays on web page

Hello… I tried to log into the migration server, but it doesn’t recognize my credentials. So, I went back and deleted a few of the mistakes (I made while building my first trial Panel), and then tried it again.

But, it still won’t let me log into the new controller v2.5 Migration server. I can still log into my old Controller v2.1 account using my old login name of “glenntamura”, (with a password of 0014a58199ABC@), but won’t work in v2.5.

Also, if it helps, when I run the command window bat file, it loads ok, but near the end of the .bat file it says something “unable to retrieve controller identity, re-trying in 1000 ms”

I appreciate any advice I can get…

Glenn.

Please NEVER post your password on a public forum.
I’ve changed your password, please reset it to continue working.
Migration server was a try, it does not work for most users. I’ve now disabled it, it’s not useful.

OK, sorry… I’ll not do it again.

Glenn