Migration from Designer 2.1x to 2.5

Hi Eric…

OK, now I tried to log in, and of course it said "error incorrect username/PW, etc. So I click on “lost password”, and now it says “Username Not Found”.

Glenn

Hi Eric… I still can’t log in to my account anymore. And, I try to change my PW, and under “Forgot Password”, it says my old username no longer is available.

Glenn Tamura

Good news! We (actually Eric) found a way to export your project from version 2.1 (the previous Free Designer) into version 2.5. For users of version 2.4 (previous version of the Professional Designer), you can safely upgrade and login with you existing account in version 2.5.

The migration server might cause issues for some accounts and/or some protocols are missing in 2.5. Please report any issues, so we can look into it, but no guarantees. Depending on amount of requests and required effort we will try and solve any issues.

Hello… I’m now able to log in, and I think I successfully upgraded to version 2.5, However, when I run the program, I get an “unable to find” error. Here’s a copy of the command line log.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
© 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd c:\orp25\bin

c:\ORP25\bin>openremote run
Using CATALINA_BASE: c:\ORP25
Using CATALINA_HOME: c:\ORP25
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: c:\ORP25\temp
Using JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112
Using JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112

---- Logging ----------------------------------------------------------

Console (stdout) threshold [CONTROLLER_CONSOLE_THRESHOLD]: INFO

System logs:

• Controller startup log [CONTROLLER_STARTUP_LOG_LEVEL]: DEBUG

Hi Eric,

i have sent you a email with the export of my 2.1 openremote zip file. As i am unable to reach the site https://designer-migration.openremote.com .
When i try to import the 2.1 openremote.zip file in my 2.5 designer : i have this message : “Invalid import file: no building modeler data”

So currently i am stuck at this moment,

could you please help?

thanks a lot in advance

Axel

Hi Eric,

Any more news on the possibility of a local installation of the 2.5 Migration Server for people who have used a standalone version of the 2.1 Designer??

Thanks

Gideon

Hi Eric,

How should we migrate to the new server now?

I tried importing the zip export from the old server but that does’nt work.

Cheers,

Rene

Dear all,

it seems that the migration server is down. Is this a network issue on my side or a general issue right now?

Cheers,

Greg

hi

i need help,

i am using Http post command to my controller and get sucess but i am confused and tried a lot for json path expression

please help me details as below

Http

api_openremote.xlsx (8.67 KB)

The http://www.openremote.com/community/ web page is still directing people to the migration server, however it doesn’t seem to be responding. Does it still exist? I just get the connecting timing out.

I believe that it is offline. I have been trying to get on there since March without success.

Yes, the migration designer has been shutdown as it never worked appropriately.

Could someone remove the instructions to use it and the linkfrom the main web site then? It would have saved quite a bit of wasted time. Perhaps also add a note that there is no way to use a design from the old 2.1 version in the latest 2.5/2.6 release.

Hi , is there a way to use my old project (2.1) on my synology NAS again?
since the update can only install 2.6. But my project is 2.1

It seems i cannot use openremote anymore unless i have to write it all over again in 2.5?
thanks for your help, cheers